Koodo Community
Question

Unlocking Bootloader

• 2 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Do you guys offer bootloader codes for hopeless devices? I believe I got my huawei p20 pro from Koodoo and a while after I got my hands on it, Huawei decided to terminate permanently their unlocking service.

Also this phone being quite secure, is uncrackable by third-party programs like PotatoNV, though I did not try any as most cost a few bucks.

The software is honestly crap, hope you guys could help my case. I can provide further information on my device if needed.

I am fully aware of the risks of unlocking the bootloader and it's consequences (Voiding warranty), I take full responsibility of any damage.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am not aware of Canadian carriers that provide bootlocker codes. I can flag a rep to see if that's something Koodo actually does. Being a p20 the warranty will have long since expired.

Well the manufacturer won't provide it anymore, why not go towards the carrier? They might be more friendly towards users. And yeah I would be very surprised to know that my warranty is still standing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'll flag a rep to confirm.

Well yes, standard one year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @Acero 

Unfortunately we do not have the specific service for your request. At KOODO,  we can assist with device software or hardware issues, as long as it falls within the Warranty conditions while it is active on the phone.

The situation your are inquiring about is within the authority of the manufacturer of the device. 

For your convenience, we recommend bringing your out-of-warranty phone directly to one of Mobile Klinik’s established walk-in repair shop for quick, economical service.

I would recommend inquiring with them if there are options in regards to the device situation. 

I do not know if my warranty is gone, I believe 4-5 years have past since it's purchase. Will the service cost anything ? By “within the authority of the manufacturer” you mean if you are allowed to provide me such information ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

By “within the authority of the manufacturer” I mean that any software modification, like updates or lack there off, is decided by the manufacturer of the device.   We do not have any option in regards to any software modification or bootlocker codes.

In regards to the Mobile Klinik, they are 3’rd party company which provides assistance for out of warranty devices, at cost.  Since they handle that, it’s best to inquire in the case they might have any options for what you are looking for. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hiw much are the paid options you've found so far then? I'm gonna guess that the Mobile Kliniks do not do such services and you may well have to pick one of the alternatives if you want to