Koodo Community
Question

Unlock older Koodo phone

• 16 July 2023
  • 7 replies

I have an older Samsung Galaxy ACE GT-S5830D phone loecked to Koodo. My account has been cancelled by me and inactive for more than. How do I unlock my phone so that I can use it with another provider?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you do not have access to your Koodo Self Serve account, visit a Koodo kiosk to have your Samsung Galaxy Ace unlocked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have a friend who is with Koodo you can get them to get you an unlock code via their self serve account.

If not, let us know and we can flag a rep to help you out here.

I’ll try a kiosk. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Be aware though that the Samsung Galaxy ace will steadily become less and less functional as providers in Canada and the US are in the prices of shutting down support for 3G service.

… which is precisely when I will ditch my cell phones and services. (I talk about 4 minutes per month and send/receive not more than 10 texts. After 45 years dealing with technology, I’ve started to really hate it. For instance, while writing this reply, a pop-up blocked of the most relevant part of the windows and interrupted me. Why do tech companies do that? And why do we pay them money to aggravate us?) Not your problem. Just my rant for today. Thanks for listening

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

… which is precisely when I will ditch my cell phones and services. (I talk about 4 minutes per month and send/receive not more than 10 texts. After 45 years dealing with technology, I’ve started to really hate it. For instance, while writing this reply, a pop-up blocked of the most relevant part of the windows and interrupted me. Why do tech companies do that? And why do we pay them money to aggravate us?) Not your problem. Just my rant for today. Thanks for listening

Have you considered looking for a second-hand phone on Kijiji or Facebook Marketplace? There are many older models of smartphones at reasonable prices that would not break the bank. I would suggest you to get one to allow you to continue your cell phone service.

I fix iPhones and Macbooks for family and friends, if they’re nice to me.  I replaced a scren, battery and home button on a friend’s Iphone 5. a battery in my wife’s iPhone 6 and I own an iPhone 8 that’s working in every way. I own the Galaxy Ace II that I want to unlock and use plus an LTE capable Ace 4. We never use any data. My wife doesn’y even know how to use data and doesn’t want to learn. Her phone has a total lifetime air time of 117 minutes after six years. When we were charged for “Additional data” by Koodo when we never used any data, for the third month in a row, we ditched Koodo - to be fair, they did reverse the charge each time but I didn’t want to play the two-hour game every month… We already own enough working phones. If I ever buy another phone it will be The Light Phone. I’ve always disabled data on all of our phones. We don’t need speed. If we could have an account that does not allow data at the provider level, that’s what we’d have. As it is, we have data disabled on our phones. The reason that I want to revive the Galaxy Ace 2 is that it’s smaller than any of our other phones, it has a user replaceable pop-out battery, an actual standard earphone jack AND it has an FM radio receiver in i that is surprisingly goodt. I like the radio more than any kind of streaming. I’m looking for 1967 Plymouth Valiant for  my next car and if it has a radio, I’m removing it. Yes there are anti-tech and post-tech idiots like left in the world. Thanks for putting up with my rant