Koodo Community
Question

Unconditional call forwarding code 21 doesn’t work - unknown error

• 12 September 2022
  • 10 replies

When I attempt to turn on unconditional call forwarding (by entering *21*7804123456# then send), I get the message “error performing request Unknown Error”. I’ve tried this with 3 different phones with the same result. Our base plans are prepaid and include free call forwarding. Each phone has more than enough minutes and I’m attempting to forward to a Canadian number from Canada.

Maybe the code “21” is not correct, although Koodo Online  help documentation says 21 is the code to use. I can turn on other types of call forwarding using the other codes, just not unconditional, which is what I really need.

Does anyone know what might be the problem, or how to get unconditional forwarding to work?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone are you using, normally you can set up call forward function within the phone settings. You wouldn't have to use the *## at all.

Which phone are you using, normally you can set up call forward function within the phone settings. You wouldn't have to use the *## at all.

Two iPhone 13s and an iPhone 6 Plus. When I try to enable call forwarding through iOS the setting automatically changes back to disabled (I literally watch the setting change back to disabled). That is what led me to going the *21* route.

I did did another google search with fresh eyes and maybe the problem is the SIM card? From here:

You are correct. I figured this out on my own earlier when I put my SIM card into an Android phone and it did the same thing - difference being the Android phone told me with an error message that it was a SIM card error. My iPhone never told me this, it just didn’t work. Have replaced the SIM with a new one and it appears to be working.

But I have a hard time believing my 3 SIM cards are faulty... 😕

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you try to reset network settings of the phone and see if it can help anything?

Regarding the SIM card, you could bring one sim to a Koodo kiosk and chane it there. If one SIM card work, the issue could be somethin with Koodo system.

I reset my network settings: no change.

I went to a Koodo kiosk and we got in touch with Prepaid customer service. After digging through things the rep told me that unconditional call forwarding is not available yet for prepaid. The other types of call forwarding work, just not unconditional. I asked when it would be available and she said she didn’t know.

So that sucks, but at least I have an answer. Maybe I’ll use the “no reply” call forwarding (code 61) for now.

Thanks for the help Dinh.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I reset my network settings: no change.

I went to a Koodo kiosk and we got in touch with Prepaid customer service. After digging through things the rep told me that unconditional call forwarding is not available yet for prepaid. The other types of call forwarding work, just not unconditional. I asked when it would be available and she said she didn’t know.

So that sucks, but at least I have an answer. Maybe I’ll use the “no reply” call forwarding (code 61) for now.

Thanks for the help Dinh.

It is strange. I will flag this to a rep and see if we can have more information .

Thank you, I would really appreciate that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rob4576 

We can confirm that the unconditional call forwarding is not available at the moment on prepaid plans.

We do not have any info if this will become available in the future, however, we suggest posting this idea here: https://community.koodomobile.com/ideas

Thank you! 

I will post something to ideas, but this seems more like a missing service instead of a feature request.

One thing I think should be done ASAP is a note should be added to the call forwarding help page to state code 21 doesn’t work for prepaid. I went through a lot of trouble trying to solve this when the problem was on Koodo’s end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To add (and somewhat repeat what I posted in your idea thread):

I'm really puzzled about this, because it used to work for sure. I used it many times and currently my husband is forwarding his Public Mobile line. Since the services are built on the same backend, you would expect Koodo prepaid to work the same.

I have asked the question in our Koodo liaison group. In the meantime, if this feature is really vital, Public Mobile apparently still fully supports it officially: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Got word back from Koodo. The official stance is that it is indeed not supported - though I know it worked for me in the past so it’s definitely a case of YMMV. As I said, if this is a vital requirement for your line, then Public Mobile offers what you need for the same price or even less.