Koodo Community
Solved

unable to disable voicemail; followed steps from help, won't work; any ideas?

• 6 September 2022
  • 13 replies

• Advocate
  • 22 replies

I followed steps below but the voicemail remains on, I tried a number of times, does not disable. Callers can leave a message. Do I need to call in?

1. Call your voicemail by holding the number 1 on your dial pad
  2. Select option 3 to “Manage your greetings”
  3. Select option 4 to “Manage your Extended Absence Greeting”
  4. Select option 5 to block callers from leaving a message after hearing the Extended Absence Greeting
icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 7 September 2022, 21:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you find any error on those step? Or you went through 4 steps without any error but the system didn't work as it should?

No error was given, says its complete but its not disabling the voicemail, this been the case now for a month, been trying to turn it off. Do I need to call in?

I just realized you can not even call Koodo anymore (no reps are available to talk to, they force you to get a text that send you to nowhere - the page it takes you to has a CHAT button and when you click it it takes you to a page filled with KOODO promotion to sell you something, it does not give you chat support and no option for anyone to call you back), I been trying for days and all it does is send me a text message on my phone to bring me to this site.

How do I turn off this voicemail?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @K . Do you want to completely disable your voicemail, so there is no greeting message and no one can leave you a voicemail?

Yes, please turn off the voice email completely, a greeting message can stay, but it can be removed if required to turn off voicemail, it will be fine if there is no greeting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@K , Just so we are clear, if we manually deactivate voicemail on our end, no one will be able to leave a VM. Essentially, it's like you don’t have a voicemail. The only way to reactivate it in the future is to speak to an agent. 

How does one speak to an agent, if Koodo sends an automated text to a phone that leads you to a page with a CHAT button and when you click it it takes you to a page filled with KOODO promotion to sell you something, it does not give you chat support and no option for anyone to call you back?

Turn off my voicemail.

My voicemail remains active on my phone, is Koodo unable to disable it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@K 

We have removed your voicemail from your account as you requested.  :)

If you do change your mind and would like to have voicemail again in the future, you will have to speak to an agent for them to add it back. 

Cheers

My voicemail is now removed, however ‘Call Control’ stopped working. I see it’s still enabled under > Mobile services > Call Control. However, it shows “Failed screening”.

Do I have to turn it OFF/ON again, and will that re-enable voicemail if I do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @K , You can safely toggle on and off anything you wish in your Self-serve account, your voicemail will never work again until you reach out to an agent and ask it to be reactivated. So you have nothing to worry about. 

As for Call control, it shouldn’t affect it at all, you can try to turn it OFF/ON again and see if it fixes the issue. Please let us know. :) 

@Boa_Guy Koodo can you please disable my voicemail? All I get is spam calls and spam messages. Thx!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @leemacd 

We have removed your voicemail from your account as you requested.  :)

If you do change your mind and would like to have voicemail again in the future, you will have to speak to an agent for them to add it back. 

Cheers :)