Koodo Community
Solved

Transfer to eSIM failed to activate

• 13 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hey all, I used the feature in iOS 16.4.1 to transfer physical SIM to eSIM so I could utilize second phone line (other phone would be the source of the physical SIM in my iPhone 13 Pro).  after following the instructions the transfer was stuck on “Activating...” for over 30 minutes.  at a certain point I received a pop up telling me the eSIM failed to activate.  now the information is gone from the physical SIM and the eSIM does not work.    

I have tried: 1. read a ton of FAQ/Community posts, 2. Toggle Airplane mode, 3. restart phone 4. reset network settings 

I don’t want to remove eSIM from my device because I won’t have anything left. 

Appreciate any help possible!

icon

Best answer by Dinh 13 April 2023, 21:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you get the esim? And as of now, is your physical sim card working? 

Also, when you activated your esim, did you have wifi or Koodo cellular signal?

16.4.1 iOS update allows me to transfer my physical sim to an eSIM on the device itself. My physical SIM card no longer works and shows transferred to eSIM when I look at it in settings. 

when I made the attempt to switch I was connected to WIFI and Koodo network. 

problem seemed to resolve itself and I am connected to cellular again and eSIM is activated. I have no idea what changed other than time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

16.4.1 iOS update allows me to transfer my physical sim to an eSIM on the device itself. My physical SIM card no longer works and shows transferred to eSIM when I look at it in settings. 

when I made the attempt to switch I was connected to WIFI and Koodo network. 

problem seemed to resolve itself and I am connected to cellular again and eSIM is activated. I have no idea what changed other than time!

It is good to hear the esim is working now. My best guess is the phone itself saw 2 sim that have the same number and confused.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well that’s pretty cool. I wonder if it’ll transfer between phones as well? It would circumvent the archaic system  that Koodo currently uses for esims.