Koodo Community
Question

Transfer

• 11 July 2023
  • 1 reply

I tried to transfer from Phonbox to Koodo.

But I am in stuck for 5days.

and I got that email from Koodo.

I am dongju beak and my phone number is 902 403 7539

Sir, after checking with the department in charge, it seems that you applied for port in to Koodo and received the above message. 

If you apply for Port In to the mobile carrier first, it becomes Port Protection and it is difficult to issue an account number. Therefore, please contact Kudo and cancel the port-in application.

The port out process is currently in progress, and if you cancel the port in application to Kudo, the number transfer process will continue.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4

Did this email actually come from Phonebox?  Phonebox operates differently from other cell service providers.  With Phonebox, your phone number is held within a Corporate account of that Phonebox has with Rogers.  From what I have read in other forums (never used Phonebox personally) To port your number out, Phonebox first has to transfer your number to a separate account.  You then have to provide that separate account number to Koodoo.  Then the port will proceed as with other carriers.  Might want to give Phonebox a call.  Evidently, this process can take days.