Skip to main content

I have a TLC 20 pro; everything was working fine with android 11.

Last week it upgraded to android 12 and I started to have a problem right away calling out.

when I call out it ring 2 times than it stops ringing for about 4 or 5 seconds than it starts ringing again

and it will keep ringing until the other party answer or I get voice mail.

The problem with that is the other party’s phone ring 2 times than it stop and look like it’s a drop call than 5 seconds later it start to ring again.

Is there a way to go back to android 11 or maybe to reload android 12?

thank you in advance

Unfortunately, it looks like reverting to Android 11 is more of a headache than a solution. Many who have tried end up bricking their devices. Unlocking the boot loader is another challenge. It’s been awhile since I’ve played around with ADB and fastboot.

In the link below, one poster’s comment was to ship the phone back to TCL under the guise that the Android 12 update bricked their phone in fastboot mode. The phone was sent back in “good as new” condition.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/flash-tcl-firmware-tpst-tool-includes-links-to-official-fw.4361591/ (see page 2 post 34)

The call timeout issue is not specific to TCL. In fact, this has happened with older Google Pixel devices. The workaround was to disable VoLTE which appeared to fix the issue temporarily. This may or may not work with your TCL 20 Pro. If there’s still a one year manufacturers warranty on your phone, you may want to take that route.