Koodo Community

Tips for eSim Activation/No Service Issue: Resolved with Callback

• 1 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hey all, 

For those having issues getting in touch with Koodo customer service, I just resolved my #ServiceIssue over the phone with them and wanted to share my experience and lessons learned.

What happened: No service (data or calls) after porting in from Telus to Koodo via eSim on Mon, Nov 28.

Resolution/TLDR: Koodo customer service rep activated eSim on her end successfully. After 2 days of self serve and online troubleshooting, I finally got access to another phone line to schedule a callback, which I received as scheduled with no hiccups.

• 8:05AM - Tried to request for a callback in chat, the response: “We’re busier than usual right now, and unable to get you to a rep at this time. No worries, though. [The bot] can still help you! Select a topic [to start all over again]...”
  • 8:07AM - Restarted chat to request a call back again, and received callback confirmation in chat upon 2nd try: “Your call is booked”! 

Tip: if chat isn’t letting you schedule a call, try again until it does.

• 8:45AM - Received SMS notification stating callback is coming soon.
  • 8:55AM - Received call from ID “Koodo Callback”; heard music and was placed on hold for under 10 minutes. Having read other community posts about waiting on hold for hours with no resolution, I was about to hang up – when a voice suddenly came through the line.

Tip: Don’t hang up even if it’s tempting to!

• 9:00AM - Spoke to a kind rep who verified my account information; listened to my issues; then she asked a couple of troubleshooting questions (“have you tried to restart the phone”; steps taken re: eSim activation...) to no avail.
  • 9:12AM - Rep says sounds like there was an issue with my number being assigned to the eSim and she’ll speak with another department to investigate further. Was placed on hold and jammed to Alicia Keys “If it Ain’t You” while waiting.

Tip: Be patient as reps will do what they can to find a solution as quickly as possible.

• 9:35AM - Rep says eSim activation to the number doesn’t appear successful. Confirmed eSim number; cellular plan, and # of lines opened on the account. Placed on hold as she’ll try to activate the eSim from her end, although the chances of it working is low since I’ve previously scanned the QR code.
  • 9:41AM - Rep advised to restart phone. Restarted phone.
  • 9:43AM - Text messages started coming in, including a welcome SMS from Koodo. Problem solved. Everything works now.

Lesson learned: Service-related issues (especially related to the recent Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals) are likely best resolved with an agent over the phone. 

It’s been a frustrating process (especially for those of us who aren’t available to wait indefinitely over the phone), but I’m glad I didn’t hang up and was able to snag a deal that has saved me $780/year by switching.

I hope my lengthy post provides some insight and hope for those still waiting for support, and I wish you all the best to get your issues resolved ASAP!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Glad you were able to get everything sorted!

Glad you were able to get everything sorted!

Appreciate your help and contributions to the forum community! Happy holidays :)