Koodo Community
Question

texts not sending or receiving

• 8 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I have been on Koodo for almost 2 years now. 

yesterday I got a call asking why I wasn’t responding to to texts. I had not received any messages and I tested a text with the person on the line. It shows my texts are being sent but the recipient is not receiving it, and vice versa.  

I have a pixel 6 and everyone who I am having this issue with has a iPhone.

looking back I have not received a single text from anyone with an iPhone since August 26th.

phone calls, messages between other android devices, and all my data functions are working properly. only when I try to send an SMS/MMS to iphone is there an issue.

things I have done to troubleshoot:

• reset phone
  • hard reset
  • deleted the messaging cache
  • run it on airplane and safe modes for a few minutes
  • switched between 5G, LTE and 4G
  • Removed SIM card for 5 minutes
  • deleted all old messages
  • reset all my network settings

After every change I would restart the phone.

I am starting to think this is a SIM card issue but really don't know where else to turn. I have a call scheduled for tomorrow with Koodo but they are extremely hard to get ahold of.

thanks for any help

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you enable RCS in your phone? Can you try to turn it off and see if you can receive text normally? https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/next-generation-messaging

Also, can you ask the person with iPhone to make sure they sent you an SMS (in green Color) and not an iMessage (in blue color) 

hey i am having the same issue for just as long as you so i am wondering if you found anything out that might be able to help me.

Hey Samantha

yes i was able to sort it out.

when i phoned koodo they were able to reset my text functions on their side of the server. it worked immediately after they did that. not sure how or why it was messed up on their end but it was. 

try and get a call scheduled with koodo support and they should sort you out.