Koodo Community
Question

Texting issues

• 12 July 2023
  • 7 replies

After 4+ years with Koodo and no problems I am suddenly having issues with sending texts.  When  texting the same person several times some will go through and others have to be resent. This just started yesterday and continues today. Is there an issue with Koodo? I have tried restarting my phone and it did nothing to help this problem.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

I'm having the same issue! I tried turning my phone off for a bit and then turning it back on, worked for a bit..  Now it's doing it again! It's rather frustrating!!!

I’m also having the same issue for the past few months.  Removed my sim card, off on Airplane mode.  Nothing helps.  I’m in Quebec, the Laurentians to be exact.

Same I think this is an issue across Canada my family in Alberta having issues my fam in lachute Quebec and I’m having issues in kettle point Ontario. I can’t make calls or text and data is slow. I’m hoping it gets fixed soon in going on 3 days now and I need my phone since my daughters sick. Nothing like tryin make a dr appointment and the phone doesn’t go thru or cuts out. :/ and I need it for work 

I'm in London, Ontario

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes there are issues across ON. I believe some issues have also been reported in QC and elsewhere nationwide too. 

I'm having the same issue of not being able to send texts for two days now!!!! I am losing lots of business because of this!!! Koodo chooses to stay silent rather than communicate to their customers!!! I will be seeking a new provider tomorrow,  shame Koodo shame!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There was a known outage effecting VoLTE services.
Looks like it just got fixed as of 23min ago.

The suggestion as of now is to turn airplane mode on and off to reconnect to the network and then you should be good.

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages