Koodo Community
Solved

Tethering- Discord and other non-browsing applications don't work

• 30 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi!

I got a new phone (Samsung A52 5g) a month or so back, and  since then, unlike my previous phones, the tether function, both USB and wireless, don’t really work properly. Other than discord, steam and my PC games failing to connect 100% of the time, I sometimes have to restart my phone to get it working at all for even basic browsing. 

Discord specifically gives me an RTC error (no route). But that’s really all I can understand from that. When I click the support link on the error, it mentions it happens due to firewalls, DNS settings and other stuff that’s way over my head,  

Here’s what I have tried with no luck: 

• Making a new APN as per the Koodo APN settings info
  • Restarting phone 
  • making a new SSID and password for tethering 
  • setting data to 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz. 
  • Turning off Firewalls on my PC when tethered

Please help! :P 

icon

Best answer by Norgz94 31 December 2021, 02:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi!

I got a new phone (Samsung A52 5g) a month or so back, and  since then, unlike my previous phones, the tether function, both USB and wireless, don’t really work properly. Other than discord, steam and my PC games failing to connect 100% of the time, I sometimes have to restart my phone to get it working at all for even basic browsing. 

Discord specifically gives me an RTC error (no route). But that’s really all I can understand from that. When I click the support link on the error, it mentions it happens due to firewalls, DNS settings and other stuff that’s way over my head,  

Here’s what I have tried with no luck: 

• Making a new APN as per the Koodo APN settings info
  • Restarting phone 
  • making a new SSID and password for tethering 
  • setting data to 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz. 
  • Turning off Firewalls on my PC when tethered

Please help! :P 

I’m not sure if this may be the issue causing Discord not to work, but someone else found out it was their service provider that caused it not to work. In the meantime, I have flagged a Koodo rep to look into this. https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/fp12yk/discord_not_working_on_mobile_data/

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello! We just sent you a private message in regards to this. Please feel free to get back to us anytime.

Hello! We just sent you a private message in regards to this. Please feel free to get back to us anytime.

Hi! thanks. I will contact samsung now to see if they can help.  Also i cannot reply to your private message. 

I was able to solve it. My phone needed a network reset!