Koodo Community
Question

Terrible Data Speeds

• 7 September 2023
  • 4 replies

This can't be normal! I've been having issues with my phone for a few days and these is my most recent speed test. I've restarted my phone with absolutely no difference. I believe that there is a way to restart the network itself but you know how easy it is to get a hold of anyone at Koodo to help  🙄

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone model are you using?

From your description it worked fine before? From your snapshot, I saw Google on the top left. Did you use a Google Pixel with a VPN from Google?

Hello,

Thank you for your reply 😊

Yes, I have a Pixel 6 Pro but I do not have any VPN running. I did double check this in my settings. I've tried doing the phone troubleshooting on the Koodo page but it won't even load the Google phones. I did figure out how to reset the network and that didn't make any improvements either…

Any other suggestions?

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

Thank you for your reply 😊

Yes, I have a Pixel 6 Pro but I do not have any VPN running. I did double check this in my settings. I've tried doing the phone troubleshooting on the Koodo page but it won't even load the Google phones. I did figure out how to reset the network and that didn't make any improvements either…

Any other suggestions?

Thanks! 

I am not sure. From the napshot of speed test above, your phone for some reason showing it was on a Google network and the ping was super high (114ms). It seems there was something in the phone rerouted internet. 

Do you have another phone to test the SIM card? If you have I recommend you take the SIM out and test. 

I don't right now with me, no..