Koodo Community
Solved

Switched from Samsung Galaxy A70 to iPhone 13 pro..I'm lost

• 15 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Switched from Samsung Galaxy A70 to iPhone 13 pro....I'm lost! I switched the SIM card from Samsung to iPhone. 

1. I have to deregister Samsung messages? 
  2. Contacts: Just shoot me now. I  have 9 entries for every single contact?  Can anyone refer me to a site that will talk me through this process in layman terms. I had no idea how little I knew.
  3. Do I have to add the switch the phone on Koodo anywhere.                                                                               Signed,  Extremely Tuckered & Overwhelmed in Niagara Falls...AKA  Karen (the nice kind) 
icon

Best answer by Goran 15 December 2021, 20:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You don’t need to do anything for Koodo to switch the phone. Did you use Apple’s Move to iOS app to transfer everything over?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To remove multiple entries of contacts, go to Settings - scroll down and tap Contacts. Before tapping on Accounts, take note of the number accounts, then tap Accounts. 

Each account will have a short description that usually includes Contacts. If you want to keep certain aspects of an account like Mail, Calendars and Notes, but not Contacts, simply toggle the Contacts switch to the off position. This will prevent multiple entries of contacts from appearing. 

If you’re not using an account (e.g. Samsung) tap on the account, then tap Delete Account to remove the account from your iPhone. This will erase the account and contacts stored in that account. A copy of all contacts is stored on your iCloud account. (iCloud automatically gives you 5GB of free storage).

Goran      Do I have to deregister from Android Next-Gen Messaging?

rikkster    I will try that today. Thank you for the assistance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Goran      Do I have to deregister from Android Next-Gen Messaging?

rikkster    I will try that today. Thank you for the assistance.

If you are having issues receiving text messages on your new iPhone, you should deregister Google Messages. https://messages.google.com/disable-chat

As for duplicate contacts, you should be able to hide them by linking them together. You can refer to the following link for more information. https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/iphone/iph2ab28320d/ios