Koodo Community
Solved

stolen phone and sim card

• 20 January 2022
  • 10 replies

Phone was stolen. I deactivated my phone in the self serve. It makes my device (phone) non usable in north america. Does that also prevent the sim card content from being accessed?

icon

Best answer by Goran 20 January 2022, 04:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's correct. Here's more info:

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/reporting-your-lost-or-stolen-phone

You should review it all and keep in mind how to change sims as you can no longer do it online and resuming service when youre ready. And you still pay your regular plan amount in the meanwhile as it s

Thanks. Does it block the sim card itself from being accessed is my question or is it a separate action i need to ask koodo to do? The link doesnt answer that is why i ask here

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

While data stored on the sim card itself might technically still be accessible, the only user data which might be stored on the sim card typically isn't. Sim card contacts are limited to simple name/number pairs, and sms messages are only stored to the sim if you specifically back them up to there.

Koodo would not be able to block or delete any of this information remotely in any case.

Hello, my phone was stolen while on vacation but couldn't sign into self help on the koodo site. i wasn't  able to contact koodo to simply put a hold on account until i return in a few weeks to get a new sim card.  the infornation from posts here  has been the only help i managed to get. as most expressed, koodo customer service is horrible and sadly i agree having been a custoner for  over 15 years. i set a new account on twitter and facebook to try to contact them but no acknowledgement of receipt or reply yet.  does anyone know generally how long it takes for koodo to reply?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So you haven't been able to go to Koodo assist to say stolen phone to get your account suspended?

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/reporting-your-lost-or-stolen-phone

You can follow the Koodo Assist hyperlink there to report it stolen. Then you shouldn't need a rep to have it suspended.

Hi Goran, I haven’t been able to sign in from here in Colombia. There is a server connection problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried logging in into private mode or incognito mode with your browser see if it works.

Thanks but the only thing that worked was twitter. Looks like I have to wait until I’m back in Toronto to get a new sim in person. Much appreciated though! 

You know what? I'm done with koodo. I upgraded my phone ( Samsung A32) and paid the 120 phone tab balance. July 7. July 26, my phone was stolen from inside my home ...I went to police. Police said they won't charge the guy as you can't prove he took the phone and he denies it. Unless my phone miraculously grew legs , and followed him out the door, they left at the same time, I'd say it doesn't take rocket science to figure it out. Ok, so should have a TAB balance in new stolen phone of 300+ . I cancelked the imei and blacklisted the phone. Ordered a new phone , through koodo online, new Sim at $ 50  a month etc. I was paying 80- 100 a month to pay off that tab balance on the stolen phone... despite asurion insurance for koodo saying I hadn't the right insurance., but going to swlf serve the 15 a m9nrh extra i was paying says i did... in October, I get a notice of cut off as my bill is somehow now $ 1667.19 . Calling koodo, I get " not our fault your phone was stolen" wow. Ok so where did these inflated charges come from? They have the rcmp file number, I was paying the tab balance despite having or not having insurance coverage, whether or not you trust assurion or self serve sources, and how does your bill with a new account, even being passed over to your new account from your old account, get to 1667.19 in 2 months ? They won't reduce what I supposedly owe, even tho that account has been closed since July. They won't give me a payment plan below $588  a month, and basically, being transferred 5 times in 2 hours on the phone to deal with this, I end up with tough cookies lady, you pay for everything, whether the charges are inflated. Bogus , or whatever.... and nothing happens to the guy that caused it all. So... I'm completely done with koodo, and will go get a new Sim card and pay my money to a better company with customer service and the years that I was with koodo have all been for nothing. They refuse to help, can't explain the charges, and won't give me a payment plan. So my phone service gets cut off and my credit affected because of koodo shady billing and someone else stealing my phone. Koodo , you can't do better,  so stuff your bill and I'm out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Police are all but useless in theft cases as such unless they stumble upon a device with matching serial numbers.

So you were paying for  Device Care Complete?

Can we see the detailed billing showing such a large amount with personal info blocked?

Unfortunately, it’s not Koodo’s fault and any carrier would continue charging you. The surprising part is the bill amounting to such a alrge amount. You say it was a A32 that was stolen?  That amount of tab subsidy should be rather minimal for anything but the highest of tab subsidiy charges.

Do you want any assistance here or is this writing about the incident and moving on?