Koodo Community
Solved

Spam

• 3 August 2023
  • 6 replies

I just received two emails from @msgkoodo. It doesn’t use my phone number, only my email. Help, please. 

helen

icon

Best answer by Goran 3 August 2023, 17:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What was the content of the email about? Your description was little vague, did they send sms with senders using email or did they send emails to your email mailbox?

They sent an email from 2505377478@msgkoodo.com to my Google email box. The message was about an email I had received.  They had obviously seen it because they knew the name of the person the email was from. The first email said, I just read Lois’s email. She’s an amazing person. The second one said, When you see her, please give her a smile and a hug from me.  
Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could block the particular emails. The numbers in front is the phone number it came from. If you don't know the number, perhaps ignore/block.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If someone who doesn’t have access to SMS needs to send you a text, the protocol is to use their email client to relay an email to ##########@msgkoodo.com where ########## is your Koodo phone number. The message is NOT from Koodo, but forwarded from an original sender.

The number at the front was not my number, but the number the person sent it from. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is possible that it was a wrong number as well. I rarely get the wrong number calls. It could also be a textemail as such