Koodo Community
Question

SOS. No record of my account

• 10 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

It appears that I have lost access to my account, When i try to login with email or an account number it tells me there is no record of this account.

Today, my phone has gone to “SOS Only” mode, and I cannot seem to get service back.

Trying to find the route of the problem, I’ve checked my bank statements and it appears that no tranfer of funds has happened in a while. This was all setup as automatic, I have not received any sort of notice that bills were not being paid. 

I’m now trying to get things turned back on but a service call back isn’t available until Wednesday at the earliest. 

Any thoughts????

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a postpaid or prepaid customer?

You mention that you have not received any sort of notice that bills were not being paid, which leads me to believe that you may be a postpaid customer. Postpaid customers can use telecom services first and pay for them later, as per the monthly bill cycle and receive a monthly bill (or e-bill).

If you’re a prepaid customer, this service does have a pre-authorized payment option, however, there is no bill generated with prepaid because customers pay in advance for the services.

With prepaid, if there is no activity on the account (e.g. an active base plan) for a full 90 days, your prepaid SIM card will be automatically de-activated. You will lose your phone number and any funds remaining on your account balance, including boosters.