Koodo Community
Question

Slow lte speeds

• 1 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Ported in from Rogers, both at home and away speeds are a max of 3M on fast.com, typical is in the 2's. Loaded latency is measured between 2-5s. Pixel4a. Have restarted the phone, no difference.

No problems when with zoomer/Rogers, maxed out the connection north of 100M, so it didn't really make a difference at that point.

This is super slow though, and barely usable to browse a forum, let alone as a backup to our land connection.

I don't see a resolution to any of the speed issues on the forum, what gives?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone model are you using? And how many bars of signal do you have? Have you tried to reset network setting of the phone to make sure the phone received proper configuration from Koodo?

Pixel 4a

Android 13 doesn't have bars, only a triangle, and it's maybe 33%-40%, I don't think it's been full since switching to Koodo. From the wifiman app, shows cell signal level between -112 dbm and -124. 

Yes, I've tried the reset, just did it now and fast.com shows the results as 330K down/2.5M up/1.9s loaded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Pixel 4a

Android 13 doesn't have bars, only a triangle, and it's maybe 33%-40%, I don't think it's been full since switching to Koodo. From the wifiman app, shows cell signal level between -112 dbm and -124. 

Yes, I've tried the reset, just did it now and fast.com shows the results as 330K down/2.5M up/1.9s loaded.

The signal bar was full would fill up the triangle thingy. Was it indoor or outdoor signal? Uploading speed was higher than downloading speed could mean inconsistencies of the speedtest server. I recommend you try the speedtest app. As well, make sure you don't run out of data running speedtest

As well, if you had another phone to test, I recommend you try to be conclusive about the signal in your area.

And If your area was in a particular area where Rogers signal was stronger and Telus/Bell wasn't good, you might want to stay with them.