Koodo Community
Question

Slow and Weird Service

• 18 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Been with Telus since it was AGT and we recently switched from Telus to Koodo for our mobile phones (on Telus’s advice, to save $$).  We noticed a real degradation in speed and functionality:  no response from Touch Screen for 10 minutes; asking for password with no keyboard; “no server available” on multiple apps.  Wondering if anyone else experienced the same difference in service and how you handled it.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

“No response from Touch Screen for 10 minutes; asking for password with no keyboard; “no server available” on multiple apps” all sounds like phone issues rather than service issues.

Are you having trouble making calls, texts, using data, etc?

No trouble with phone service, ie making calls, texting, using data.  I am having trouble with using the actual device.  The manufacturer has checked it for physical problems and I have restored the phone from backup, twice.  Am wondering if it could be a problem with my SIM Card, or with Koodo having a “blip” when trying to recognize my authority?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could try swapping sim cards with someone else to see if the problem follows but that simply does not cause the touch screen to become unresponsive or software failures. Even if your phone had no cellular connection at all, it should still function in general. What happens when on wifi?

It always happens at home, and I am always on wifi.  I show it to my husband who checks his phone and tablet, and both are always operating fine.  It never happens while I’m on the phone; it happens when I am trying to “google” something or move within another app.  I recently went on vacation and none of my problems occurred.  I read somewhere that if a carrier does not recognize my password, even for a second, any or all of these things might happen.  Can anyone corroborate this information?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your phone  password has  nothing to do  with your cellular connection. Carriers  do not  have access to passwords on your devices. Not  without having backdoor access. The fact that it happens even when  on wifi  is especially strange. That indicates it’s not  the carrier  at all. If your husband never  has the same  issues  in the same  places, what happens if you swap sim cards? Does the problem follow  or  not?