Koodo Community
Question

Simm card not provisioned

• 8 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I just received my new to me Samsung phone, and it came with a new Sim card, which was suppose to be already activated.  I get the error message Sim card not provisioned…  so I am unable to use my new phone….. I tried removed and reseating Sim card, restarting phone, and also reset network connections.. nothing is working.  It is not a prepaid phone, as I pay monthly, I just added a new phone on, using my tab. What is the problem ?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

If you were already a Koodo customer you just have to take the sim from your old phone and put it in the new phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To add to Lou comments, new SIM card came with the phone was an inactive SIM. If you want to use it, you have to switch SIM or use the old SIM. To switch SIM you can follow this https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

Yea, I finally found the directions online how to switch over Sim cards.. I just wanted a new Sim card installed, as the one I had was years old… Once I found out how to do it, it was easy.. Just wish they would have put the instructions in the box with the phone and the Sim card when I received it, would have made things a lot simpler !