Koodo Community
Question

SIM card won't work

• 4 January 2024
  • 7 replies

I got a my SIM card for my phone which is an alcatel flip phone that was BELL but won’t register to work on Koodo’s network. What should I do?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So you have your sim card activated with Koodo, and when you put it in your phone, what does it show?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I got a my SIM card for my phone which is an alcatel flip phone that was BELL but won’t register to work on Koodo’s network. What should I do?

Did you restart your phone after your inserted the new SIM card?

So you have your sim card activated with Koodo, and when you put it in your phone, what does it show?

An “x” on the signal bars.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

by the sounds of things, the device is locked to your previous carrier (bell). You can get an unlock code for the phone by contacting the carrier and providing them the device IMEI (this can be found under your settings in an about phone section). When you boot on the device, it should ask for the unlock code they provide. I hope this helps 🙂👍

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

by the sounds of things, the device is locked to your previous carrier (bell). You can get an unlock code for the phone by contacting the carrier and providing them the device IMEI (this can be found under your settings in an about phone section). When you boot on the device, it should ask for the unlock code they provide. I hope this helps 🙂👍

Also forgot to ask, did you try the SIM card in another phone and is it working properly? This is just in case the device is ok but the sim isnt, always good to check first 🙂

Hi there,

Also forgot to ask, did you try the SIM card in another phone and is it working properly? This is just in case the device is ok but the sim isnt, always good to check first 🙂

I do not get an unlock code option when I start the phone it just sits on searching.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you had the phone after Dec 2017, it should be unlocked. the X on the signal was likely with data. Have you tried to reset network settings of the phone?

as well, how did you active the sim card? Was everything ok in selfserve?