Koodo Community
Question

Seasonal hold issues

• 17 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I am currently in Portugal for 2 months and I’ve put my plan on seasonal hold. I’m now trying to do my taxes but the CRA and my bank need to get in touch with via my QC phone number (got a France # while I was out here). How do I manage this considering I have to either receive texts or make call + waiting time for certain services ? 

In this particular instance, my credit card needs to be unlocked to have access to some documentation but I have no good way of getting them on the phone for less the 1 euro a minute…. 

Help me please, not sure what to do here.

Theo

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you really need to use your own number, you could change back to a plan and use Easy Roam. If any number will do, just sign up with a service like Fongo and call them using VoIP.

Thank you for taking the time to answer !

Seems like I can’t return to my old plan… Also after reviewing my current seasonal hold plan it looks like I should be able to receive roaming SMS text (which is all I need rn).

Still stuck here, koodo facebook chat isn’t proving to be useful up to now regarding this situation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Right, you picked the correct channel though - Facebook is indeed the best way to get that plan. Their chat isn’t instant though, but they should reply soon enough!

Edit: sorry, I thought you had the $15 starter plan. The seasonal hold plan doesn’t allow for incoming SMS, except the ones Koodo sends. They really should change the wording on that!