Koodo Community
Question

Safety mode

• 21 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi  there,

I was wondering if there is a safety mode that can be activated by Koodo on a phone.  The whole purpose is that the phone cannot be used except for making calls or receiving call.  No apps can be used and wifi cannot be used also.  It goes to be just using a phone.

The person that told me I could do this says that this feature is available on R and B but I am hoping that Koodo will be able to assist with this.

Thanks so much...Dave

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, Koodo doesn’t offer anything like that - in fact they couldn’t. The user could just remove the SIM card and still use WiFi and/or apps.

What the rep was probably talking about is the $5 data block, but that would just block data from the tower, not WiFi. And it still doesn’t prevent apps.

The only solution would be to use the Wireless Home Phone if the only purpose is to call and not use data.  It works with a landline phone, not cell. See https://www.koodomobile.com/en/phones/wireless-home-phone for more information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not a specific mode but you could turn on heavily restricted parental controls which would more or less accomplish what you want.

Honestly though, if you’re wanting it locked down that much then a smartphone isn’t a good idea anyways. I would just get a cheap flip phone that has no internet access or nothing really to use internet on, then top that with a cheap plan with no data/data block.