Koodo Community
Question

Reception issue

• 16 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello I'm a new Koodo customer coming from Public mobile.  As to what I was told Koodo and Public mobile share the same towers. 

Can some share some insight as to why my Koodo reception is a lot worse than it was on Public mobile?

I reset the cellular settings on my phone and made sure I'm on the Koodo APN.

This is on the same phone at the same location. Sometimes my signal fluctuates all the way to 1 bar . Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chrism189 

If you make the test on a different phone, are you gettting the same results?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Band 7 is an LTE Advanced frequency that should provide faster speeds so it looks like your phone is trying to offer you that one since it should result in better speeds but in turn it has a bit worse of a signal.

Band 4 is the regular LTE band.

Are you experiencing any issues? Dropped calls, low data speed, etc, or is it just that you have less bars/a lower reception?

Band 7 is an LTE Advanced frequency that should provide faster speeds so it looks like your phone is trying to offer you that one since it should result in better speeds but in turn it has a bit worse of a signal.

Band 4 is the regular LTE band.

Are you experiencing any issues? Dropped calls, low data speed, etc, or is it just that you have less bars/a lower reception?

I was on a call today and it was  echoing , like i could hear myself. 

Hi @Chrism189 

If you make the test on a different phone, are you gettting the same results?

I dont know i haven’t tried that

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is the echo repeatable on other phone calls? I rarely get glitches on phone calls. Less than 1% of the time I’d say, but it’s just garbled voice for the duration of the one phone call.