Koodo Community
Question

Power and Service Outages... Refund?

• 8 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Due to service and network outages in the Okanagan with severe snow storms - I lost service and network for almost 3 weeks. I have just gotten a full monthly bill, but only used one week of service. Am I entitled to a refund or a credit for services? How would I go about that, as when I’ve gone in store - I was told no help via Koodo in person - only online..

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately you aren’t entitled to a refund or credit:

“Are there any warranties on my Koodo service?

Since wireless telecommunications are delivered by radio waves, they are subject to factors that cannot reasonably be controlled. For this reason, Koodo does not guarantee timely, secure, error-free or uninterrupted service or that you will always receive your messages or data. To the extent permitted by law, legal warranties and conditions (implied or statutory) do not apply to the service.”

“To the fullest extent permitted by law, Koodo will not be liable to you or to any other person for any damages or expenses (including loss of profits, loss of earnings, loss of business opportunities, loss of data, economic loss or other similar loss, or punitive damages) arising out of or in connection with the use or failure of the service, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, and whether claimed in contract, tort or otherwise.”

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/service-terms