Koodo Community
Question

Playstation Remote Play - Error while using hotspot

• 30 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Just switched over from Telus. Did not have any issues while trying to remote play to my PS5. Never had issues with bell or rogers. But for some reason it won’t connect with my Koodo hotspot. It seems to work fine with WiFi too. Anyone have any suggestions? 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone are you using? Have you try to reset network settings of both the ps5 and the phone to see if that can help?

As well, was there any particular error message?

Which phone are you using? Have you try to reset network settings of both the ps5 and the phone to see if that can help?

As well, was there any particular error message?

IPhone 14 Pro. I hotspot to my laptop to play. The wifi where I am is very slow so it works but the input lag is worse compared to when I used my data with Telus. I did reset and it worked with my mate’s hotspot as well as the slow wifi. The error shows up only when I attempt to use my Koodo hotspot. Error 8801330d

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Retziom 

There a discussion about this type of error here https://www.reddit.com/r/remoteplay/comments/psc95a/remote_play_error_code_8801330d/, have you tried any of the suggestions there? 

Hi @Retziom 

There a discussion about this type of error here https://www.reddit.com/r/remoteplay/comments/psc95a/remote_play_error_code_8801330d/, have you tried any of the suggestions there? 

I went to Reddit first and saw that, tried the port forwarding, nothing. It seems to be an issue from koodos end

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Got it! In this case, we recommend scheduling a call back with tech support so, they can further look into it. 

Got it! In this case, we recommend scheduling a call back with tech support so, they can further look into it. 

I’m not sure if this helps. When I was with Telus my NAT type 2 whereas with Koodo it’s 1. Is there a way to change that on an iPhone?