Koodo Community

pixel 6 spell checker insers random words and characters

• 5 November 2021
  • 3 replies

It takes much longer to type a short message as the spell checker seems to be second guessing what I am about to text. So have to constantly go back and edit out all the words it changed and inserted.

Only option seems to be to turn off the spell check.

Can I install a different spell check or use different version of Android,?

The side swiping and angle swiping also very annoying and creates problems. If you side swipe to go back while in email it just archives the message next to where you swipe. Can I just get some arrow keys at the bottom of the screen.

Seems a lot of half baked attempts to just make it feel different have not been thourougly beta tested with users and bugs worked out.

Takes much longer to do things this phone.

Probably sending it back.

Samsung phone is so much more user friendly.

FAILED me. Only good thing is the camera.

Robert T 2 years ago

Make sure the spellchecker is in the right language.

Or you can download another keyboard who would come with its own spell checker. I recommend Swift Key.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Make sure the spellchecker is in the right language.

Or you can download another keyboard who would come with its own spell checker. I recommend Swift Key.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What are examples of what you are trying to type and what it is correcting to? 

Keyboards also take time to learn your vocabulary and typing style.

If you liked the samsung keyboard on your Samsung phone, you could also download the Samsung keyboard app for your Pixel6

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It takes much longer to type a short message as the spell checker seems to be second guessing what I am about to text. So have to constantly go back and edit out all the words it changed and inserted.

Only option seems to be to turn off the spell check.

Can I install a different spell check or use different version of Android,?

The side swiping and angle swiping also very annoying and creates problems. If you side swipe to go back while in email it just archives the message next to where you swipe. Can I just get some arrow keys at the bottom of the screen.

Seems a lot of half baked attempts to just make it feel different have not been thourougly beta tested with users and bugs worked out.

Takes much longer to do things this phone.

Probably sending it back.

Samsung phone is so much more user friendly.

FAILED me. Only good thing is the camera.

Have you tried turning on the Smart Compose suggestions and see if it helps reduce typing incorrect words? You can also try to add new words to your dictionary or change the kind of suggestions you get. https://support.google.com/gboard/answer/7068415?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid