Koodo Community
Solved

Phone screen bubbles after taking off screen protector

• 12 October 2022
  • 2 replies

I have a Samsung Galaxy A52 and was using a tempered glass screen protector. My phone was being weird all of a sudden and wouldn’t respond to my touch, so I took off the screen protector, and now there are bubbles on my phone screen. Is this permanent damage to my new, expensive phone or is this something I shouldn’t freak out about?

icon

Best answer by rikkster 12 October 2022, 19:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The tempered glass screen protector may have been installed on top of Samsung’s pre-installed screen protector which might explain the lack of screen responsiveness and the bubbles. The pre-installed screen protector should be removable. Look for a raised edge at the top or sides of the screen. A small piece of adhesive tape may help to lift the pre-installed screen protector.

Carefully remove the screen protector, then clean the screen with a microfibre cloth using 99% isopropyl alcohol or an alcohol wipe. If the tempered glass screen protector is in good condition, reinstall it.

Other options. If you reside in Ontario or Quebec, take your Samsung Galaxy A52 to a Mobile Klinik repair shop nearest you to have the pre-installed screen protector removed and a tempered glass screen protector installed. If you reside outside of Ontario or Quebec, a reputable cell phone repair shop should be able to perform the removal/installation.

Solved! That was super helpful. Thank you so much!