Koodo Community
Solved

Outgoing calls (not made by me)

• 2 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone,

This morning I received few calls from different numbers, and considering they are unfamiliar to me I didn't answer. I logged in my account and checked Usage and it says that all calls were outgoing, but I didn't make them, and I didn't answer them at all. I keep account tight and secure, so I know I am not hacked. 

Anyone had similar experience. Attached is photo of all outgoing calls and some messages, these numbers were not on my display. Area in black is my phone number.

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 2 September 2022, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi everyone,

This morning I received few calls from different numbers, and considering they are unfamiliar to me I didn't answer. I logged in my account and checked Usage and it says that all calls were outgoing, but I didn't make them, and I didn't answer them at all. I keep account tight and secure, so I know I am not hacked. 

Anyone had similar experience. Attached is photo of all outgoing calls and some messages, these numbers were not on my display. Area in black is my phone number.

Did you get a new number? The short code seems to be sent automatically from your iPhone with regards to your iMessage and FaceTime enabled on your phone. Have you tried toggling on and off the setting to enable the feature?

I have been with Koodo for about 3-4 years . My iMessages are disabled and although I keep FaceTime disabled as well I forgot to do it last time I was talking to my doctor. Lets see if these calls will continue 

thank you for your quick respond

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Gunter007 - Hey there! If you didn’t pick up the phone then those incoming calls wouldn't show up in your Self Serve call history.  226-580-4001 is actually your voicemail access number. Did you call your VM during those times?

Hi chris , I didn't pickup and they still showed. Hmm...how is that possible . I thought that number was scammer so I blocked loooool. I didn't call VM

@Chris Koodo This caller didn't stop and finally leave scammer voicemails. All numbers start with 1 519 816 but last 4 numbers are always different. All together I have received over 15 calls today and I just kept blocking every call. Obviously there is no way to stop them. I just enabled option to silent unknown number calls, so they do not ring  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you on prepaid on postpaid? If postpaid, definitely activate call control: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-control