Koodo Community
Question

One line suddenly no incoming text/phone ; outgoing works

• 23 January 2024
  • 13 replies

I have a number of lines with Koodo and they have all been working fine, up until yesterday.

One line can no longer get any incoming communications; SMS (not received), incoming phone calls (straight to voicemail, with the customized greeting). Mobile data works however. Outgoing text/phone calls work perfectly.

All the other lines work flawlessly. This line has been working fine since we moved to Koodo in November.

I’ve reset the APN, tried downgrading the network service mode from 5G to 4G, to 3G. Turned off RCS, rebooted, powered off and waited 5 minutes, everything I’ve been able to find.

I suspect this is a service issue on Koodo’s side; I’ve filed for a support callback, but it’s now been over 2 hours past the scheduled window, and I’d really like to get this resolved.

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SREWorker 

We have checked and everything is on order for all lines, will you please confirm the last 2 digits of the number you are experiencing issues with?

Have you tried testing the sim card on a different phone by any chance?

Hi @SREWorker 

We have checked and everything is on order for all lines, will you please confirm the last 2 digits of the number you are experiencing issues with?

Have you tried testing the sim card on a different phone by any chance?

Last two digits are 64.

I don’t have another phone available till later tonight. I will test that when I can.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Alright, are you able to turn your phone off for 10 minutes so we can refresh the settings on our end?

Please reply here once your turned your phone off.

Thank you! 

Alright, are you able to turn your phone off for 10 minutes so we can refresh the settings on our end?

Please reply here once your turned your phone off.

Thank you! 

The device is powered off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you, please turn on your phone and if you can test, let us know if the isue persists.

Thank you, please turn on your phone and if you can test, let us know if the isue persists.

Unfortunately, I’m still seeing the same behaviour. Calls go immediately to voicemail, doesn’t even ring on the calling handset. Texts are not received.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for testing! 

What phone model are you using? 

Thanks for testing! 

What phone model are you using? 

The device in question is a OnePlus 9T 5G.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you! 

A similar issue has been reported on OnePlus community here on different model: https://community.oneplus.com/thread/1398335 in case this may help.

If not, we suggest testing the sim on different phone when you get the chance and let us know how it goes.

Thank you! 

A similar issue has been reported on OnePlus community here on different model: https://community.oneplus.com/thread/1398335 in case this may help.

If not, we suggest testing the sim on different phone when you get the chance and let us know how it goes.

I’ve already tried disabling VoLTE and it’s made no difference. Same with restarts and power offs. I don’t even get 1 text or call, it just doesn’t receive incoming calls/SMS.

I will test the SIM in a spare phone tonight when I have one.

So this is odd.

I removed the SIM and put it in an older phone that was on Koodo previously. Calls in worked, which surprised me, although SMS appeared not to.

I moved the SIM back (SIMs were removed/inserted with all devices powered off fully) to the OnePlus phone, and it started working. SMS took a little bit to come in, as there were a lot of messages on the gateway waiting for delivery, but it appears to be working now.

I did receive an email earlier this month (Jan 10) about this line specifically to update APN settings and had already done that, so I wonder if there was a changeover, and for some reason, the SIM wasn’t registering fully after the backend changes?

It appears to be working now, so the user is happy. Hopefully it keeps working!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So this is odd.

I removed the SIM and put it in an older phone that was on Koodo previously. Calls in worked, which surprised me, although SMS appeared not to.

I moved the SIM back (SIMs were removed/inserted with all devices powered off fully) to the OnePlus phone, and it started working. SMS took a little bit to come in, as there were a lot of messages on the gateway waiting for delivery, but it appears to be working now.

I did receive an email earlier this month (Jan 10) about this line specifically to update APN settings and had already done that, so I wonder if there was a changeover, and for some reason, the SIM wasn’t registering fully after the backend changes?

Glad it worked out. From your description and your communication above, the issue could be from the firmware with OnePlus firmware. I recommend you also report it to Oneplus so they can check compatibility before rolling out update.

Regarding the APN, this is their official page https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone However, incoming and outgoing calls shouldn’t be an issues  if APN was wrong. In most cases, it was the phone firmware settings.

So this is odd.

Glad it worked out. From your description and your communication above, the issue could be from the firmware with OnePlus firmware. I recommend you also report it to Oneplus so they can check compatibility before rolling out update.

Regarding the APN, this is their official page https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone However, incoming and outgoing calls shouldn’t be an issues  if APN was wrong. In most cases, it was the phone firmware settings.

The phone was working normally for 2+ weeks with the new settings, and all the other devices on our account have been working fine with the same settings. I don’t think it was the APN settings themselves.

The email to update the APN settings was from Koodo. At no point was Oneplus involved.