Koodo Community
Question

One account, 2 SIM cards

• 8 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

In an ideal world, I’d like to use two SIM cards for the same account (1 in a phone, 1 in an LTE router).

Question 1: is that an option?

For the time being, I’d like to at least be able to try out my LTE router and see if it works as I expect. My phone currently has a nano SIM card and I managed to find a micro SIM card that came at the same time but that I had never used. 

Question 2: Can I use that micro SIM to try out my router without messing up the SIM that I use on my phone? Will trying out the Micro SIM deactivate my nano SIM somehow or get me to be charged twice?

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately it is not an option for technical reasons to have two Sim cards for one line.

You can only use one Sim card at a time. You'd have to do multiple Sim swaps. Your best option is to get a micro Sim card adapter to slot your nano into to use for one or the other. Alternatively you could hotspot with your phone to use as a router.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll look into getting an adapter. 

What do you mean by SIM swap? Are you just talking about a physical swap or some kind of config on the Koodo website? Could I just switch off my phone while I try the micro SIM in the other device temporarily or do I need to activate the new one?