Koodo Community
Question

Number called from my phone, but not me - what's going on?

• 6 July 2023
  • 2 replies

I just noticed today in my Recent calls section that a call was made FROM my cellphone to a number that I don’t recognize (I.e., an outbound call that I didn’t make).  It happened when I was at work and near my phone and I can confirm no one had physical access to it.  It doesn’t look like it connected though, as there is no information about how long the call was.  When I clicked on the number for more information, it showed that in the past month there were two other such outbound calls from my phone to the same number; the first one shows up that there was a 4 second connection.  When I do a search for the number via Google, it says there is no information on that number.  I’m concerned about calling the number myself in case it is a fraud thing.  Any advice?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does the number end in 4001 or 4002, by chance?

EDIT: if so, then don’t worry.  If someone calls you can’t reach you, when they get forwarded to your voicemail box, you will see what looks like an outbound call to xxx-xxx-4001 in your online call history.  This is nothing to be alarmed about and perfectly normal.

Responding to srlawren - Unfortunately, no, it ends in 4751