Koodo Community
Question

Not recieving OTP from abroad

• 29 June 2022
  • 6 replies

I am trying to receive an OTP on SMS from a company in Israel. I received OTPs from them before but now it stopped working and the company is saying that the problem is on my mobile provider side ( I am also sure of this). How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Danny

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ll flag a rep for more info

Hello @danny57! The phone number you’re trying to receive the SMS from might have been blocked for security reasons. To get it unblocked, you’ll need to get in touch with our tech support team by scheduling a callback on koodo.com/chat

Was on the phone with a representative for over an hour and a half (mostly on hold). They guaranteed me there is nothing wrong on Koodo’s side, but I am pretty sure there is, because other canadian numbers are getting the OTP fine. Very frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was on the phone with a representative for over an hour and a half (mostly on hold). They guaranteed me there is nothing wrong on Koodo’s side, but I am pretty sure there is, because other canadian numbers are getting the OTP fine. Very frustrating.

Was your phone roaming right now? And “other Canadian number” was in Israel also? If they are all from Koodo, the issue could also be the roaming partner. Can you try to manually search for other provider? 

Do you mean roaming as in using the phone abroad? No,  I am in Canada. The other number is with Fido.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you mean roaming as in using the phone abroad? No,  I am in Canada. The other number is with Fido.

Oh, ok I misread your topic title. I thought you were abroad. 

Receiving OTP from overseas was always challenging. There are some limitations with the shortcode (if the sender used) from oversea. If you are out of solution, you can try to change the otp number to a different one or just switch to Fido