Koodo Community
Solved

Not receiving Instant Voicemail?

• 20 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I added Instant Voicemail to my phone plan on April 10 2023 and received a confirmation e-mail from Koodo saying my services were updated. If I understand this link from the Help section correctly, I should be receiving a MMS with future voicemails attached and not receive the traditional voicemail notification. Since then, I no longer receive the traditional voicemail notifications as indicated, but I do not receive a MMS when I receive a voicemail; I still have to dial my voicemail inbox “the old way” to check my messages. My mobile data is turned on as per the requirements, and turning wifi off while using wifi does not make a delayed MMS appear in my messages.

I have a Google Pixel 4a and have not blocked Koodo’s messages in the past. What number should I be receiving the MMS from? Are there special settings in the Pixel 4a I should be looking at? I took a look at the phone’s call settings but didn’t see anything obvious.

I am using a 3rd party messaging app (Textra) but the inbox matches the default (Google Messages) so I do not believe it’s an issue related to the messaging app itself - it’s as if the MMS is not coming through to the phone in the first place.

Thank you for the help, and if more information is required please let me know.

icon

Best answer by Dinh 20 April 2023, 08:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed your plan had cellular data included? If so, can you receive normal MMS from other people normally?

Regarding the Message app, if you are using a Pixel device, I strongly recommend you use Google Message app. It is optimized for Pixel device. Can you test it?

Hi Dinh,

Yes, my original plan had cellular data included. I have been receiving MMS messages from others since activating Instant Voicemail and just confirmed the MMS messages are coming through both messaging apps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Dinh,

Yes, my original plan had cellular data included. I have been receiving MMS messages from others since activating Instant Voicemail and just confirmed the MMS messages are coming through both messaging apps.

I am not really sure if they sent via MMS protocol though. As you are using a 3rd party message app, Could you switch back to Google messages? Also, could you reset network settings of the phone to see if that can help?

I am not really sure if they sent via MMS protocol though. As you are using a 3rd party message app, Could you switch back to Google messages? Also, could you reset network settings of the phone to see if that can help?

I have now reset the PIxel 4a’s networks settings and have switched to Google Messages. I will ask someone to send me a MMS and leave a voicemail in the morning (past midnight here) and will update the thread with results.

Test results: Resetting the network settings seems to have done the trick. The audio clip appeared in both messaging apps, but with an added bonus of transcription by Google’s side versus plain audio file in other apps.

To future readers - the MMS comes through from the phone number that left you the voicemail.

tl;dr: Reset your phone’s network settings.

Thank you for your help!