Koodo Community
Question

No welcome text but number cancelled with old provider

• 27 February 2023
  • 12 replies

Port of old number from Bell, replied “YES” to the text, switched SIM card, and checked my Bell account and my number with them has been cancelled. Koodo self serve also shows my correct number so it seems to think the number has been ported successfully. However, I can’t send or receive texts or calls and I haven’t received the welcome text from Koodo and have waited the 2.5 hours it says to wait on the website.

I have scheduled a callback but the only number I have is my phone… on which I cannot send or receive messages or calls… so not sure how they’re planning to reach me. 

I am concerned about my inability to use my current number and would like to resolve ASAP.

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Port of old number from Bell, replied “YES” to the text, switched SIM card, and checked my Bell account and my number with them has been cancelled. Koodo self serve also shows my correct number so it seems to think the number has been ported successfully. However, I can’t send or receive texts or calls and I haven’t received the welcome text from Koodo and have waited the 2.5 hours it says to wait on the website.

I have scheduled a callback but the only number I have is my phone… on which I cannot send or receive messages or calls… so not sure how they’re planning to reach me. 

I am concerned about my inability to use my current number and would like to resolve ASAP.

Did you restart your phone after porting over to Koodo?

Did you restart your phone after porting over to Koodo?

Yes but still no welcome text

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is likely that the port transfer was not complete. You may need to contact the Koodo porting department at 1-844-232-7678.

It is likely that the port transfer was not complete. You may need to contact the Koodo porting department at 1-844-232-7678.

The issue is that I do not currently have a working phone so cannot do that

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you borrow a phone from someone else to make the call?

I am not able to do that at the moment, no. My Koodo callback does not show as an incoming call but I keep getting the voicemail (but no option to pick up the call).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am not able to do that at the moment, no. My Koodo callback does not show as an incoming call but I keep getting the voicemail (but no option to pick up the call).

It seems you blocked the callback number or your incoming call had issue. Let me flag a rep here to look into it

I assumed you have tried to restart the phone and reset network settings of the phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @turnerat 

We have checked on our end and the port of the number has been completed.

Please check if the Koodo phone number is blocked on your phone and try resetting network settings as @Dinh suggested above and let us know if it works. 

Hi @turnerat 

We have checked on our end and the port of the number has been completed.

Please check if the Koodo phone number is blocked on your phone and try resetting network settings as @Dinh suggested above and let us know if it works. 

Hi I’ve reset the network settings it still doesn’t work - I’ve been informed by multiple people they’ve texted me but I haven’t received the messages, I still don’t have my koodo welcome text, and my koodo callback goes straight to voicemail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi I’ve reset the network settings it still doesn’t work - I’ve been informed by multiple people they’ve texted me but I haven’t received the messages, I still don’t have my koodo welcome text, and my koodo callback goes straight to voicemail.

There may be an issue with your SIM card. Have you tried inserting it in another phone to see if it works? 

There may be an issue with your SIM card. Have you tried inserting it in another phone to see if it works? 

I don’t have access to a second phone to check but I have been receiving some texts and the data works fine so I don’t think it’s that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t have access to a second phone to check but I have been receiving some texts and the data works fine so I don’t think it’s that?

Hmm, that is strange indeed. Since you are unable to use your phone, I would suggest you to download an app that can make and receive calls, such as Fongo Mobile, and schedule a callback to that number. Once you get the call from Koodo, you can ask them to direct you to someone in the technical service team.