Koodo Community
Question

No internet when no power

• 9 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Anyone know why I never have internet when the power in my area goes out? The last time, I also had issues with texting anyone.  Can't check on power outage status let alone report the outage without internet.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What do you mean exactly? That you have no data when your home WiFi is down? What plan do you have and does your data work when you are outside of your house?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's possible that the local tower also lost power. What was your signal connection on your phone then

I have 8 GB data which was on, and had 3-4 bars of signal strength while the power was out. But no internet connection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have 8 GB data which was on, and had 3-4 bars of signal strength while the power was out. But no internet connection.

Is cellular data toggled on your phone? Are you currently set to airplane mode?

Data was on, and not set to airplane mode. My phone is set the same way as I use it when I'm in an area without wifi. Works then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does anyone else with Koodo/Telus in the area have the same problem?

Apparently I'm not the only one in my area.

Just hard that at times when you need the service, it's not there. I didn't try calling anyone, but texting kept giving me errors.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the same problem in my area. We are only served by 2 towers and when the power goes out those towers get overloaded from everyone using their data since their power is it and it works...although very very very slowly to the point of me considering it not usable.