Koodo Community
Question

new user cannot make call

• 18 February 2023
  • 14 replies

my husband and i just switched to koodo and now i cannot call him and he cannot call me but we can receive and make calls to other people.  does anyone know why?  and how to fix it?

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is really odd. Are you both on the same account? Have you tried rebooting your phone?

we each have our on accounts and we have both rebooted our phones and we made sure neither was accidently blocked its so weird we can receive and make calls to other people but it goes strait to voicemail for both of us.  we can text each other but thats it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep for you, though it might be that they will refer you to tech support… hang tight :)

Edit: please check your phone if you haven’t accidentally blocked each other too.

thank you so much i tried contacting someone for hours today with no luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

we each have our on accounts and we have both rebooted our phones and we made sure neither was accidently blocked its so weird we can receive and make calls to other people but it goes strait to voicemail for both of us.  we can text each other but thats it.

It might be a silly question but have you checked if you put the correct SIMs into his/her phone? I asked because you mentioned calls went directly into voicemails. 
Could you switch the sim into the other phone and see if that can help?

i registered one phone at a time so i got the sim cards right i wish it was that simple.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jennifer Cuttler 

We were unable to identify the account based on your community profile,  please try using the “Log in via Self Serve” option from the Community login page.

I am now logged in under my account and tried again this morning and still cannot call him or receive calls from him goes straight to voicemail both ways.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it a prepaid or a postpaid account? 

prepaid

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oops ok I didn't realize that. The reps in this community have no access to prepaid.

That said it's even stranger that you and your husband can't call each other, because prepaid accounts are not connected whatsoever.

Are you absolutely sure that you each can call out to other numbers? Can you try Dinh's suggestion and swap sim cards in your phones just to rule that out as well?

we have called and received calls from other people the only people we cannot reach is each other 

is there some way that i can reach out to tech support to help me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can either try Facebook or Twitter DM, or schedule a callback through the prepaid assistant:  koodomobile.com/prepaidchat.