Koodo Community
Question

Need help with router

• 29 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi With the recent wind we lost power for a bit ,the power turned back on and the router again went to a red solid light.

I had to again reset and put my info in.

What is the cause of this .

The router is a boost wifi 6 round router.

There could be a hardware problem and i would need tech support.

There is no firmware upgrade option in router settings either.

This would be the third time doing a reset dince I had uplugged the router 2 other times because of moving it .

Is it possible to get someone in tech?

At the same time ,where can we all get support easier,or faster .Is there an app Koodo works with?

I also this morning had a cell data problem ,still no connection ,I am using my wifi in the meantime.

Thks

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I believe there was reset pin at the back of the router. I recommend you Google search the model of the router and follow the instruction to reset it to its default factory settings.

Here is a helpful article: 

Hi I di that so that, so the reset is the only solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What happened after you pressed the rest pin?

Have you also tried to reset the modem as well?

THe reset goes with no problem.What I am trying to find out is why the router goes to red each time I lose power or unplug it. Not normal at all as my previous routers when unplugged and lose power ,when plugged back in,they keep there settings and internet works,with no resetting each time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it’s a continuing issue, I would suggest scheduling a callback to open a tech support ticket for further assistance then.

I was told ny tech to stop the resetting of erouter and plug the router in first ,wair 30sec then plug in modem,the light on router should be green.

I have not tried this yet but if it does not work i will come bac k here to see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it doesn’t work, then further troubleshooting would require following up with your  tech support ticket. Unfortunately this forum is not setup for more advanced trobuleshooting unless someone just happens to have more knowledg eon the matter.