Koodo Community
Question

My Koodo phone numbers are always "Invalid"

Why is my koodo phone number always rejected when I try to use it register for anything online.

I always get "invalid phone number" response when I try to apply for jobs and register for important services.

Please help me. I have 2 numbers on my profile with the same issue.

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you follow the format the site asks for exactly? What happens if you put another number in that isn't those two numbers?

Yes, I always follow the site format. Another issue I noticed is that when I enter the phone number, it shows the US logo and when I change it to Canada it changes to invalid. 

When I try inputing another number, it works well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is your area code?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You may want to try a phone number verification tool to validate the details of your phone number(s). I tested this and the report I received was accurate. Scroll down until you see “Try our phone verification tool.” Enter your phone number (the +1 prefix is automatically added) and click validate.

Phone Number Verification

If everything checks out, you should see a green “verified” banner along with the results of the report.

You may want to try a phone number verification tool to validate the details of your phone number(s). I tested this and the report I received was accurate. Scroll down until you see “Try our phone verification tool.” Enter your phone number (the +1 prefix is automatically added) and click validate.

Phone Number Verification

If everything checks out, you should see a green “verified” banner along with the results of the report.

This phone verification website wants a business email and will not accept my gmail.com . I am supposed to take another job or buy a domain name to use this?

Why is my koodo phone number always rejected when I try to use it register for anything online.

I always get "invalid phone number" response when I try to apply for jobs and register for important services.

Please help me. I have 2 numbers on my profile with the same issue.

Having the same issue. I have a phone number that’s been “mine” for over a decade. it started as a landline number and then was ported to Koodo as a cell phone. Many sites will accept it as a valid number and I can receive SMS on it. But some will not. And then I cannot use those services.

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This phone verification website wants a business email and will not accept my gmail.com . I am supposed to take another job or buy a domain name to use this?

If you are a business owner and sign up for the site’s free trial, this may be why the site asks for a business email address. Otherwise, the website checks a phone number's validity; no email address is required.

Having the same issue. I have a phone number that’s been “mine” for over a decade. it started as a landline number and then was ported to Koodo as a cell phone. Many sites will accept it as a valid number and I can receive SMS on it. But some will not. And then I cannot use those services.

Since this problem affects only certain websites, look for a “contact” or “contact us” link on the webpage. Most websites have this link located at the bottom of their webpage. You may be able to call or email the site’s administrator for assistance.

Since this problem affects only certain websites, look for a “contact” or “contact us” link on the webpage. Most websites have this link located at the bottom of their webpage. You may be able to call or email the site’s administrator for assistance.

Most of these services do not. Basically if you’re not registered to their service (with the phone number needed), they do not want to hear from the general public. The one I did find a contact number to said “We don’t handle that. It is an 3rd party company that provides our phone number verification” but would not give me any info on it. 

If you are a business owner and sign up for the site’s free trial, this may be why the site asks for a business email address. Otherwise, the website checks a phone number's validity; no email address is required

ah okay, When I initally loaded the webpage it was not showing the form at the top and I had to scroll down. I’ve tried it now and there is a quick search to use.

My phone number is “Verified”. The information indicates that my phone# is type: Mobile but for Disposable it says “Unknown” , which is the only thing i can see on here that was causing the problem. None of the other infos they list mean anything to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Most of these services do not. Basically if you’re not registered to their service (with the phone number needed), they do not want to hear from the general public. The one I did find a contact number to said “We don’t handle that. It is an 3rd party company that provides our phone number verification” but would not give me any info on it. 

That may be true, however, most reputable companies have a way of contacting them. Koodo is the exception because you can ask us questions and we will try to direct you to the best help possible.

If the site in question is not willing to help you resolve its two-factor authentication issue to obtain a service, this should raise concerns. Unfortunately, there is nothing Koodo can do to resolve this.

My phone number is “Verified”. The information indicates that my phone# is type: Mobile but for Disposable it says “Unknown” , which is the only thing i can see on here that was causing the problem. None of the other infos they list mean anything to me.

The phone number verification tool will ask for the disposable number and return it with unknown because the tool cannot differentiate between a legitimate cell phone number, a burner or a VoIP phone number.

The rest of the information serves as proof that your phone number is legitimate and verified by comparing the porting date, the carrier ported to and whether you are still with the same carrier on the date the verification report is generated. Burner phone numbers are typically used for very short periods and may not show up in the report.

The rest of the information includes; ported date, original operator name (original carrier name) original network status (at the time of number port), original country name, operator name (current carrier), network status (current) and date cached, (the date the report is generated).