Koodo Community
Solved

My iphone keeps disconnecting my wifi at home

My iphone12 mini keeps disconnecting my wifi at home and when I try to reconnect it keeps telling me I have an incorrect password.  Whereas the password is definitely correct.  I keep having to reset my network settings to reconnect and that doesn’t always work either.  I’ve gone over my data limit for the month because of this!  

And I had the same issue with an Iphone 10 that I traded in because of these issues and now the same thing is happening again!  

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by rikkster 11 October 2021, 14:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you had the same issues on your old phone too then it's likely your internet acting up.

I would contact your internet provider.

But my partner uses the same wifi and never has any issues.  Should I still try calling the internet provider?  Also, when I use my laptop on the same wifi connection and don’t have the same issues either. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try setting up your wifi router in a better spot so that it is more central or play with the settings to get a better coverage

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was the wifi password the default password provided by the ISP? If possible, I would try to change it and change the name of your wifi hotpot and see if that help

Also,which phone your partner is using? Was it the same as yours?

Hi Robert, my router is right next to me most of the time when I’m using my phone at home but I will try to play with the settings and let you know.  Thanks!

Hi Dinh, no the wifi password isn’t the default one, I did change it. As for my partner’s phone, no he doesn’t have the same phone, he uses a Motorola Moto G8 Power. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Dinh, no the wifi password isn’t the default one, I did change it. As for my partner’s phone, no he doesn’t have the same phone, he uses a Motorola Moto G8 Power. Thanks!

I would try to change the settings and security of the wifi router first and  see if it can help. 

Also normally wifi routers have reset button I would try it also. After resetting, you could test with the default first and see if that works. If it works fine, then you could change the password and other wifi settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Robert, my router is right next to me most of the time when I’m using my phone at home but I will try to play with the settings and let you know.  Thanks!

Have you tried these steps? You may want to reset your network settings on your iPhone and try again. https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204051

So, I reset the router and my network settings and it connects to the wifi!!  Yay!  Thank you!  However, I think I have tried doing both before now that I think of it and it did work but only for a few weeks and then back to the drawing board.  But, fingers crossed this time it works for good. 

Thank you everyone for your input.  I really appreciate it!  :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, I reset the router and my network settings and it connects to the wifi!!  Yay!  Thank you!  However, I think I have tried doing both before now that I think of it and it did work but only for a few weeks and then back to the drawing board.  But, fingers crossed this time it works for good. 

Thank you everyone for your input.  I really appreciate it!  :blush:

If you’re having to reset the router every few weeks to get Wi-Fi to work, I think it might be in your best interest to contact your ISP. Ask if the router’s firmware is up to date and mention the issues you’re having with Wi-Fi connectivity. Routers that are rented from the ISP are usually kept up to date. Routers that are purchased outright and depending on the age of the router, may miss out on important firmware updates because the router may no longer be supported. Worth checking out just to be sure.

Thanks rikkster!  Good point. I will definitely look into that too. My contract is actually up for renewal soon and was already thinking about switching ISP’s. But now I definitely will be switching. Just need to decide which one.