Koodo Community
Question

mms messages do not send or are received

• 17 July 2023
  • 8 replies

I'm technically a new Koodo customer. Returning customer is more accurate. I was with Rogers previously I ran a phone called a red magic 6r which ended up breaking and being sent in for repair. Upon return the phone could once again access data and roaming but sending and receiving sms was broken. After switching phones to a Xiaomi blackshark 4 I could receive but still not send. Now that I am back on Koodo I am having both problems again unfortunately and I would like to fix them promptly. I can't group message, send or receive pictures or videos despite having an international sms plan which is pointless if I can't message the group chat I was planning on being in contact with. I have added screenshots of the apn I believe but I only seem to put one photo in from my end I'll post and try and edit the second screenshot in

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The only things I see that need fixed are:

MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

Changing it to that didn't help it made it worse. It will not load at all now. Still no MMS received or sent, and the data is also not working as it was prior.

I am having the same problem with my Samsung S21 for over a week now. The rest of my family are on Koodo and use iPhones - none of them are having this issue. So I am wondering if this is this just an Android issue on Koodo? I have tried all the suggested fixes with no success.

If this continues I will be forced to switch to another service provider 

I got the proxy information to work however I am still unable to send MMS messages which includes regular texts and what not to group chats but it can all be received now.

I might back to my old phone to check and see if that makes a difference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is data working on the phone?

The only thing not working is MMS?

Yes the data works I can also receive picture messages and group chat messages from other people but I can't send pictures/videos or send messages in group chats