Koodo Community
Question

Missed calls

• 30 November 2022
  • 4 replies

I have recently had an issue where I’ve started to miss calls.  My phone doesn’t ring, and call logs show a missed call, but all I get is a voicemail notification.  This has caused me to miss some important calls and makes me not trust my mobile service.  I know the phone is working because in one case, they called back and it did ring and I answered.  The phone was sitting in a charger on my desk for both calls and they were only about 2 minutes apart.  I need this looked into as it makes my phone untrustworthy for receiving important calls.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How was your signal reception in your area? I assumed you did not turn on the “do not disturb” or “focus mode” of some sort at that time?

I’m in an office building with glass windows, signal strength is at full bars.  On another occasion I was in my car in an area with full service. Do not disturb is enabled but turns on and off on a schedule and was off at the time of both calls.  On the last occasion, the first call did not ring, they left a message, called my home number and then called back about 2 minutes later and it did ring.  The phone was sitting on my desk the whole time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Usually with do not disturb, the first call won’t go through but the second and subsequent ones from the same number will.

I’d try disabling all do not disturb/focus modes that are enabled on the device and see if that fixes things, then you can go through and troubleshoot from there.

Hi Alan, 

Following up.  You were on the money with this.  I had thought the DND was set to end at 7am, but it was set to 8am and the calls in question came in before that.  Thanks for the help.

John