Koodo Community
Question

Mailbox full even though I have visual voicemail setup on my iPhone

• 20 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I changed my plan with Koodo to include more data.  Prior to doing so, I was able to receive many visual voicemail and leave them in my voicemail of my iPhone. 

After my plan update, if I have more than 10 messages that I listened to in my phone visual voicemail, the next call I get results in the caller getting a message that my mailbox is full. I listened to all of the messages and the mailbox should not be full.   It’s as if the messages are not clearing from the Koodo mailbox.  

The only option I can find is to delete my visual voicemail messages which is inappropriate.  I already listened to the messages and want to keep some for archive purposes.  

I tried deleting every single message from my visual voicemail, then I used a different phone to leave messages.  After 10 voicemails, I get a message on my phone that my mailbox is 100% full.  I listened to each of the 10 visual voicemail messaages.  When I call from a different #, I receive a message that the mailbox is full.  I already listened to the 10 messages that were in my visual voicemail so I don’t understand why my mailbox would be full.  It’s as if the Koodo system does not clear the voicemails that I already listened.  

i use an iPhone 13 Pro.  

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Listening to the voicemail doesn’t clear it.

Your voicemail box can only have 10 voicemails stored in it at a time, whether you’ve listened to them or not. In order for it to not be full, you’d have to deleted some.

Listening to the voicemail doesn’t clear it.

Your voicemail box can only have 10 voicemails stored in it at a time, whether you’ve listened to them or not. In order for it to not be full, you’d have to deleted some.

For years, I have been using visual voicemail with Koodo and did not have a limit of 10 voicemails.  Something happened a couple of weeks ago.  Until recently, after I listened to a voicemail, I would leave it in my visual voicemail, and I had over 100 of them in there as I rarely deleted any voicemails, and I didn’t have messages appearing that my mailbox was full. Now I can only have 10 messages in this visual voicemail.  Something is not right so I’m looking for a solution as it used to work without this limit of 10 before.  I didn’t change anything on my phone. However, I did change my plan with Koodo that is the same plan as before + includes more data for the same price.  I think something happened with this plan change though I don’t know for sure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s possible that Koodo changed the limit to 10 messages for visual voicemail as Koodo’s voicemail in general has a 10 message limit at 5 minutes each.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/voicemail