Koodo Community
Solved

Loud Tone on ZTE Home Phone Hub

• 5 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I have been having an issue when answering incoming calls from different people, using both landlines and cell phones.  We get a loud set of tones, making it impossible to hear the callers.  Occasionally we do not have this issue, however, it appears to be occurring more often.  Outbound calls do not seem to be affected by this issue.  I have tried a complete reboot of the system, removing the battery and unplugging the unit.  We have a wired phone and a wireless phone attached to the home phone hub and the issues has occurred on both phones.  The home phone hub is getting good reception where it is located.  Looking for any input to rectify this problematic issue.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Goran 5 October 2021, 03:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There’s not much else you can do besides that. At this point, it needs to be determined if the issue is the unit, or the sim card. You can go to a Koodo kisok or seller and request a new sim card to switch sims. Other than that, you can attempt to take it in for warranty repair/replacement if it’s less than a year old.

Do both connected phones have the issue at the same time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have been having an issue when answering incoming calls from different people, using both landlines and cell phones.  We get a loud set of tones, making it impossible to hear the callers.  Occasionally we do not have this issue, however, it appears to be occurring more often.  Outbound calls do not seem to be affected by this issue.  I have tried a complete reboot of the system, removing the battery and unplugging the unit.  We have a wired phone and a wireless phone attached to the home phone hub and the issues has occurred on both phones.  The home phone hub is getting good reception where it is located.  Looking for any input to rectify this problematic issue.

Thank you.

It seems to me this may be due to a firmware glitch, which is happening in a similar model with another carrier service. https://forums.fido.ca/t5/Community-Archives/WIRELESS-HOME-PHONE-BEEPING-SOUND/m-p/51883

I would suggest you to contact Koodo to see if they can exchange it with another phone hub. Either schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter to reach a Koodo rep. https://Koo.do/Chat