Koodo Community
Question

LG Q Stylo + is not working in India

• 19 February 2024
  • 6 replies

I bought a LG Q Stylo +  from Koodo in year 2018. It was working fine with all networks in Canada. But I moved to India last year then I can not use this phone and also displaying “Emergency calls only” message whatever network I am using in India. I observed apparently, it is locked it I can not use it. I have used more than 2 years in Canada with you.  Kindly assist me to unlock my mobile.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

All phones sold in Canada since Dec. 1, 2017 have been sold unlocked. Since the LG Q Stylo+ wasn't even released until 2018 it's already unlocked.

Thanks @Timo Tuokkola for answering to my question. I well read it but still it is not working with any networks in India.  Someone from Koodoo customer care can respond my question to get resolution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks @Timo Tuokkola for answering to my question. I well read it but still it is not working with any networks in India.  Someone from Koodoo customer care can respond my question to get resolution.

If it was working fine with all network in Canada, it wasn’t “network locked”. Additionally, if it was locked to one network, there was another message saying you need network unlock code when you put another carrier SIM card into it. The “emergency use only” might indicate your SIM or your plan wasn’t compatible with network in India. Are you using your Koodo SIM while traveling in India or are you using an Indian carrier SIM in it?

Thanks @Dinh , 

Yes “emergency calls only” displaying when I insert SIM from India and also I would like to let you know that I permanently returned to India. So that is why I would like to use my LG Q Stulo+ phone. But, so far no luck. Please help me, how to get rid of the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks @Dinh , 

Yes “emergency calls only” displaying when I insert SIM from India and also I would like to let you know that I permanently returned to India. So that is why I would like to use my LG Q Stulo+ phone. But, so far no luck. Please help me, how to get rid of the issue.

Have you visit a Indian carrier store and ask their rep to look into your issue. If you are using an Indian sim on a Indian network. They are probably the best resource. Koodo and people here are familiar with Koodo network and their service.

As well, ask the Indian carrier about the compatibility of the network and your device. Your device might not have the required bands for those network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Cell phone frequencies used in India are not the same as North America.  https://www.frequencycheck.com/countries/india