Koodo Community
Question

Koodo text offers spamming me

• 15 August 2023
  • 3 replies

I was running out of data and Koodo always offers some kind of plan increase for 5 or 10 dollars per month and you can opt out at any time.  So i proceeded to add 4 gigs for 5 dollars.   I only wanted the data for this month/period so I thought I’d cancel it and it would last for the rest of the month and no longer be applied in subsequent months.  I was wrong and it prorated the 20 days, removed the 4 gigs and charged me 3.xx for no use.  I tried to add it back by sending the sms text ADD4 again and now I’m being spammed every minute with:  

Koodo: Sorry, it doesn’t look like you’re eligible for this offer at the moment.  We’ll be sure to keep you in mind for future deals.

I’ve received over 50 of them so far and they keep coming. Anyone experience this?

Thanks, 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, once the data add-on was removed, the extra data would be removed as well because the extra data was attached to the add-on.

It seems the add-on was offered as a promotion to you. The promotion normally doesn’t repeat. If you took it once, you can’t take it another time. Hence you didn’t see the add-on was added.

Regarding the fee. What was the date you added the add-on ? and what was the date you removed it? When  is your normally billing date? if you can provide those, some one might answer why you were charged that 3.xx amount.

Thanks for the reply, I had realized that but was more concerned with the 100 text messages which seemed like it was stuck in a loop. It has stopped as of 2am. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the reply, I had realized that but was more concerned with the 100 text messages which seemed like it was stuck in a loop. It has stopped as of 2am. 

There was an issue with self serve last night where nothing was loading due to a fire in Montreal which damaged some fibre lines. It may have been linked to this and just was a glitch in their system.