Koodo Community
Solved

Koodo eSim activation failed, no service

• 17 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I tried converting my physical SIM to eSim as per instructions on your website and now neither my physical SIM nor my eSim work. I received an error during the conversion process that it failed, after that it was no longer working and there is no option to convert the physical SIM anymore.  I’m using iOS 16.4.1 and I was connected to the Internet at the time of the conversion. Chat is of no help as the assistant doesn’t recognize the problem, and even if it did, it wouldn’t help to schedule a call as my service is not working.

icon

Best answer by rikkster 17 April 2023, 18:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a postpaid or prepaid customer?

According to the post below, the “convert to eSIM” option is not available for prepaid customers yet. 

If you’re a postpaid customer, download the Fongo Mobile app. This will give you a free local Canadian phone number that you can use to receive a callback. The app works over Wi-Fi (or mobile data) and is available for iOS and Android. 

The chatbot understands the simplest of phrases. Once you get past that you’re a Koodo customer and have entered your phone number, enter “schedule callback” (without quotation marks) into the chat window.

Ignore the suggested prompts and enter ‘schedule callback’ again. You should see the prompt, Speak to a rep. You will get the chance to enter a description of the problem and choose from the nearest available call back times. If none of the callback times appeal to you, click More Options for more callback time options.

Are you a postpaid or prepaid customer?

According to the post below, the “convert to eSIM” option is not available for prepaid customers yet. 

If you’re a postpaid customer, download the Fongo Mobile app. This will give you a free local Canadian phone number that you can use to receive a callback. The app works over Wi-Fi (or mobile data) and is available for iOS and Android. 

The chatbot understands the simplest of phrases. Once you get past that you’re a Koodo customer and have entered your phone number, enter “schedule callback” (without quotation marks) into the chat window.

Ignore the suggested prompts and enter ‘schedule callback’ again. You should see the prompt, Speak to a rep. You will get the chance to enter a description and choose from the nearest available call back times. If none of the callback times appeal to you, click More Options for more callback time options.

Thanks for the suggestion, I actually already have a VoIP number that I can use, but I was under the impression that they will only call the number that is associated with the account. If not, I will try again with my VoIP number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the suggestion, I actually already have a VoIP number that I can use, but I was under the impression that they will only call the number that is associated with the account. If not, I will try again with my VoIP number.

You’re welcome. Koodo Assist will accept any phone number.