Koodo Community
Question

iPhone won't connect to network/service

• 5 June 2023
  • 3 replies

My iPhone is stuck in SOS mode and won’t connect to the local cell network. I’ve tried everything: resetting phone, updating ios, removing and inserting sim, erasing network history. Does anyone have any tips on how I might fix this problem?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you provide more context to the issue? How was your Koodo signal in the area? and did it work before? As well, was there any changes to your phone/plan recently?

As well, are you a prepaid or postpaid customer, have you checked your selfserve to see if your account was active and there wasn't any late payment?

Hi Dinh! Thanks so much for chiming in. Koodo signal in the area is good. I had gone on a hike from my home and lost service on the mountain and when I came back into signal range, I was unable to reconnect to the network. I did make a change to my plan recently (I think around the same time that I started experiencing problems). I’m a monthly customer and my balance is automatically charged to my credit card. Account is in good standing and active.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Dinh! Thanks so much for chiming in. Koodo signal in the area is good. I had gone on a hike from my home and lost service on the mountain and when I came back into signal range, I was unable to reconnect to the network. I did make a change to my plan recently (I think around the same time that I started experiencing problems). I’m a monthly customer and my balance is automatically charged to my credit card. Account is in good standing and active.

If the issue wasn’t from the account, it could be issue with either phone settings, network band or tower signal strength. And mountain area normally isn’t the best area for phone signal coverage.

Which phone are you using?  and have you tried to reset network settings of the phone yet? How about people around you. Did they experience similar issue?