Koodo Community
Question

Invalid MMI code error when try to access Voicemail

• 25 April 2023
  • 2 replies

So, two issues - or maybe just one issue causing both things?

1- I get no notifications of new voicemails.

2- I get “Connection problem or invalid MMI code” when I attempt to dial into the voicemail mailbox.  So, no way to access any messages that might be there.

I’ve tried resetting my phone, running in safemode, resetting all network settings, reseating the SIM card, and removing any apps that I’ve installed within the last month - none of these have helped.

Hoping that the community might have some helpful advice!  Thanks in advance to anyone that might have a clue what to try next :)  

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems the voicemail center wasn't provisioned properly. How is your Koodo signal? Can you make/receive call normally. If you dial your own Koodo number, can you access your voicemail?

Also, which phone are you using?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What happens when you dial *#61# and press call?

On iPhone, it should display the voicemail access number and whether call forwarding is active or not.  On some Android devices, you should get confirmation that a certain type of call forwarding is active and it may list other parameters that indicate whether call forwarding is active or not.

By forwarding, your calls are forwarded through a voicemail access number (e.g. when a call is unanswered). This is not your phone number.

If possible, post a screenshot of the result of dialling *#61# so we can see what the result is.