Koodo Community
Solved

Intermitant issue with MMS

• 25 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Ever since February 7 when Koodo said we had to update the APN I have been having intermittent issues with sending MMS messages. I have attached screen shots of my APN settings. I changed them according to Koodo’s instructions and double checked them, restarting my phone multiple times. Then I did a network reset and changed the settings again, restarting my a couple times again to no avail.

I am using a Oneplus 8 phone with the Google messages app. I have RCS chat turned on, though at the moment I usually use MMS (most people I know don’t have RCS). I have data on and but it appears that the MMS issue is not affected by data being on or off (ie. if messages wouldn’t send before, switching to data only or wifi did not change anything.) SMS has been working fine the whole time, and I think receiving MMS messages has been either completely fine, or I have had significantly less issues (harder to tell if incoming ones are delayed). I have tried sending myself MMS messages, and found that the often wouldn’t send, and then hours later I get the message I sent myself. I believe the delay is mostly due to the sending issue, not so much the receiving. Also my mobile data has been working fine for internet access.

Let me know if I should add any more information. Thanks in advance for the help!

-Kevin

icon

Best answer by Dinh 25 February 2024, 03:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is quite a mess right now. I saw someone reported it worked one day and the next day came back and said it didn't work. 

Have you tried to update the firmware to the latest one? As well, I recommend you turn off RCS and test with 3G network only to see if that can do anything.

So Koodo knows there are some problems and kinks to work out then?

Your suggestion to switch to 3G appears to have worked. Swapping back and forth a few times, MMS messages were consistently sending while on 3G and not while on 4G/LTE. Not ideal I guess, but certainly works in the meantime. FYI still seems to be working with RCS on.

I actually just did a software update today, or did  you mean something else by firmware?

Thanks for your help!

-Kevin

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So Koodo knows there are some problems and kinks to work out then?

Your suggestion to switch to 3G appears to have worked. Swapping back and forth a few times, MMS messages were consistently sending while on 3G and not while on 4G/LTE. Not ideal I guess, but certainly works in the meantime. FYI still seems to be working with RCS on.

I actually just did a software update today, or did  you mean something else by firmware?

Thanks for your help!

-Kevin

I think in the email they mentioned after the server update, some device might have MMS issue, especially non-Koodo/Telus device. I am not sure how they will tackle this but hopefully they will sort it out.

And yeah, if you can, update your software. it might help.

​​​​