Koodo Community
Question

IMAP email authentication

• 25 September 2023
  • 6 replies

IMAP email authentication has stopped working when using data.  There is no issue when using WiFi.  Password and server connections have not changed.  The phone is a Samsung S20 Ultra 5G.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep to see if there’s something that can be quickly reset. If not, you’ll then likely have to request a callback to open a technsupport ticket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @Aberez1 

It is recommended to reset the network settings, restart the device and test. 

Steps on how to reset the network settings are present on the Samsung Support page.

If the issue still persists, you can schedule a call-back to speak with our Tech Support team and they will be able to look into the situation and open a ticket, if required. 

Thanks.  I reset the network accounts, removed and reinstalled the email accounts,  cleared the cache, and all passwords.  The phone was restarted.  The issue persists when using data, wifi is fine.  I will schedule a call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks.  I reset the network accounts, removed and reinstalled the email accounts,  cleared the cache, and all passwords.  The phone was restarted.  The issue persists when using data, wifi is fine.  I will schedule a call.

Which email app are you using? And did it work before in the past?
As well, can you check if the app was allowed to use cellular data in the cellular settings?

The default Samsung email app and the Gmail app are used.  Both have worked up until about 3 weeks ago. Cell use settings are enabled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The default Samsung email app and the Gmail app are used.  Both have worked up until about 3 weeks ago. Cell use settings are enabled.

That was strange. As of now, can you use chrome on your phone to access internet? I assumed you have plenty of cellular data left in your plan? Did it happen to only one email address or to all of them?

If your web browser Chrome works, can you access the email through Chrome  on cellular data to see if it works? 

As well, some email requires app password if it detect changes of IP address in the case of using VPN or something like that. My gmail account requested me to do that to access gmail. Can you try to get an app password from gmail to see if that can help?